Detachment is a privilege held by people who aren’t targets.
"why are you so emotional about this" - unaffected people
"Don’t take a nude pic if you’re a famous woman and don’t want it leaked."
"Don’t wear a hoodie if you don’t want to be mistaken for a criminal and shot."
"Don’t get drunk at a party if you don’t want to be sexually assaulted."
"Don’t argue with a cop if you don’t want to get killed."
"Don’t walk home by yourself if you don’t want to get raped."
Victim blaming 101: Everyone should live in fear from ever doing anything.
things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s a ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is ok
DESTROY THE MYTH THAT TEENAGE GIRLS WHO IDENTIFY AS BISEXUAL ARE DOING IT FOR ATTENTION
STOP TELLING PEOPLE WITH DEPRESSION TO JUST BE HAPPY
STOP TELLING PEOPLE WITH ANXIETY TO JUST STOP WORRYING
STOP TELLING PEOPLE WITH AN ED TO JUST EAT
STOP TELLING PEOPLE WITH PTSD TO JUST GET OVER IT
STOP TELLING PEOPLE WITH ADHD/ADD TO JUST CALM DOWN